Now that I’ve gone over how to defend yourself against zombies, I have a shorter list. As always seems to happen with zombies, you’re going to have a couple times when you fight a huge wave of them. And, well, everything is better with music. If you’re taking over a Costco in the event of a zombie invasion, it might be neat to play the music over the PA system. Keep a playlist on your iPod or whatever dedicated to the occasion. Here’s what I recommend for the playlist:
- “Living Dead Girl” by Rob Zombie
- “The Blue Wrath” by I Monster (this might be good for when they first start. It’s, not very coincidentally, the intro song to Shawn of the Dead)
- “Gone Guru” by Lifeseeker. I’m not entirely fond of the song, but it’s perfect for situations like, say, if some of your other humans become psychopathic and start shooting at you from a Jeep. There’s some foul language in this song, so if you’re slaughtering zombies side-by-side with small children, you may want to skip this song.
- “Song 2″ by Blur. Unfortunately, this song wasn’t featured in a zombie movie or video game, nor does it have “zombie” in its title. But if you’re about to run out of music in the middle of fighting zombies, it’s better than having Hillary Duff come on.
- “Kerncraft 400″ by Zombie Nation. This has a good rhythm if you’ve got the slaying down to a science. Put it mid-way in the playlist for when you’ve already found your groove. It’s also good if you’re driving a truck around running zombies over.
- “Bodies” by Drowning Pool. This isn’t my type of music, but it’s perfect for the occasion. This is what got me through to the “Zombie Genocide” achievement in Dead Rising.
- Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” isn’t bad, either. While you’re busy fighting zombies you might be too distracted to notice that the lyrics really don’t make any sense.
- A Public Service Announcement
- Dead Rising 2: A Mini-Review
- Seasonal Music